Aftercare following dental implant surgery
Your periodontist will provide specific aftercare information.
- Please contact us or your dentist/prosthodontist promptly if you feel that your provisional denture or provisional implant prosthesis is not well fitting.
- Do not disturb the surgical site. Take it easy for the rest of the day.
- Resume gentle cleaning of your natural teeth as soon as possible after surgery.
- Remember to schedule your post-operative checks with us, this is usually 1-2 weeks after surgery.
- Remember to take pain-relievers and anti-inflammatories on time as instructed. Even if you are feeling very comfortable and don't think that you will require them.
- Remember to attend your hygienist visits. These run in tandem with your implant care. These visits will compensate for the period when you are not able to brush well after surgery.
- Contact us if you have any concerns.